Monday, January 18, 2021

Wild Sign

Wild Sign

by Patricia Briggs

When the entire population of a tiny town in California goes missing, it doesn't seem like something Charles and Anna would need to investigate. After all, it's not even in their state.

However, it turns out that the land that those missing people had settled on belongs to the mate of their pack Alpha and that means it is their business to find out what happened those those forty people. 

Taking an SUV and accompanied by the berserker werefolf, Tag, the three head down to forest in the middle of nowhere to solve a mystery.

What they didn't anticipate was coming across more than one type of mythical creature, nor did they think that one of those creatures would find Anna to be just what it needed to reach its goals.

Final thoughts: This is one of the better Anna/Charles books, but I really do prefer the Mercy Thompson series. I found it interesting that this story had a few answers to questions fans have posed for a while. The ending was a little odd, which I will go into in my spoiler-filled podcast.

Rating: 3/5

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC.


Podcast review/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!


2 comments:

Marissa M Gonzales said...

Oh that’s odd— my comment disappeared! If you get another comment similar to this on, I apologize! I think my first didn’t go through :( First off, thanks for reviewing! I’ve been listening to your reviews for a bit now and I was glad to see you had a chance to review Wild Sign! That said, I’m wondering what your thoughts are on the possible reconciliation of Bran and Leah. What do you think Briggs might be setting us up for? I enjoyed learning a bit of Leah’s origin story for sure, but I still feel like I have a lot of questions unanswered. In my read through, I kept asking myself, “is Bran finally softening towards Leah? Are we going to get a reciprocal love match finally?” But I’m not sure. I still feel like the jury is out on this. What are your thoughts? :)

LibraryTalker said...

SPOILERS
I don't know if this is a "true love" match or just a love borne out of respect match now. I think that almost losing Leah made him see that he's been pushing her away in favor of his memory of Blue Jay Woman esp. because it's a different kind of love there. I feel like he's finally willing to open up to her and really keep that mate bond open for her to see that she means something to him. And I think she'll reciprocate. They may never be truly rom-com in love, but I think they'll finally be less antagonistic and more open in their respect and love for each other.

Thanks for listening and reading!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails