Thursday, August 5, 2010

Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite
by Chloe Neill

Merit had it all planned out.  She was going to finish her graduate dissertation and then teach romantic medieval literature.  She would eventually find the perfect guy and she would stay away from her jerk of a father as often as possible.  It was a good plan.
But plans change.

Plans change when she walks across the campus at night and is attacked by one vampire, then "saved" by another.  If forcing her to become a vampire herself can be called saving.

So now she's a creature of the night.  

But it's not so bad.  She still eats regular food, hangs out with friends, and gets some free time.  It's just that pesky need for blood every few days that's the real problem.  And the allergy to sunlight.  And the Master of the House that she is supposed to swear an oath to within the week.  (She's supposed to call him "Liege"!!  How medieval can you get!)  

There are some bonuses.  Extra strength and agility, the right to carry a sword around, super healing, and the Master of the House that she is supposed to swear an oath to within the week. (Did I mention that he's super hot and really really really likes Merit?)

Things are never simple, especially for Merit.  And especially not when there's a vampire murdering girls who look a lot like Merit and then planting evidence about all of the vampire houses in Chicago.

Nope.  This vampire thing ain't easy.

Final thoughts:  I'm normally a YA girl, but a few of the blogs I follow promoted the Chicagoland Vampires series, so I figured I'd give it a try.  Totally worth it.  Merit is believable (as believable as a vampire can be) and funny.  Her friends are awesome.  And her family has both good and bad.  The romantic tension between Merit and her many admirers is almost palpable.  Well worth the read.

Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't quite like this one as much I was told I would :P But I think I'll check out the next book in the series. I was told they do get better. I don't usually read about a book before I read them so that's why I'm commenting here and not on the second book post. I was told they get better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails